What not to do!
- Try not to talk about an x partner on a first date
- Do not tell your date about other dating experiences
- Do not talk about your problems and your past
- Never compare a new relationship with an old relationship. If you
find yourself doing this, you may have gotten into a new relationship
- Don't brag about yourself and your accomplishments. Instead, focus
on your prospect's interests?
How to behave!
- Listen to what your date is saying and make a response relevant
to the subject matter they were talking about.
- Do not answer a dates question with another question they will think
you have something to hide.
- Try to learn as much information about them as you can without prying.
Ask them about their favourite country, what food or wine they enjoy
or places that they would like to visit in the future. These makes
wonderful topic for starting unconventional chat. It always boosts
the conversation, and usually you can learn enough to know if they
want to see you again.
- Ask questions. And try to make them “why”, “how”,
or “what” questions that can't be answered with a simple “yes”, “no”,
or “maybe”. Instead try something like: What is it you like
about that particular country? Or – Why would you like to visit that
What to wear
Always make an effort, first impressions count.
Men who wear blue are said to be “stable, faithful, constant and
always there.” The man who chooses blue as his colour is a brilliant
candidate for a long-term relationship — someone who’s dependable,
monogamous and can match his own clothes.
And what about the ladies? Colour experts say, a pink- peach colour
is supposed to make ladies more approachable. The colour is “very
flattering to most skin tones, it gives you healthy glow, a little
vulnerability which brings out something protective in men.”
Want to wear a colour that weeds out guys who can’t handle
strong women? Try a deep red, burgundy or plum. Men who aren’t
attracted to strong women will steer clear.
Of all the colours, red is the most sensual. But, wear red with
caution. Red is the colour of sex and power and adds an element of
excitement it attracts two types of men – men interested in sex,
and men attracted to powerful women.
Concerned your wardrobe is driving people away? Stay away from yellow-green,
which is said to repel both sexes equally.
Use body language to attract the opposite sex? If you’re a
woman, the key is to make yourself approachable. To accomplish this
don’t take up a lot of space (which is a sign of power and
superiority.) you have to show you have room in your life for someone
else. To be approachable women should stand with their feet no farther
than 6 inches apart with toes pointed slightly inward. Other key
moves are to nod and tilt your head a signal you’re listening
to what the other person has to say.
For men, appearing more dominant effectively draws the attraction
of women. To attract women, stand with your feet 6-10 inches apart,
and toes pointing outward. Feel free to take up some space. Men who
have the nice guy image should “try wearing bulkier or more
conservative hairstyles or clothing,” hold your head up, and
speed up your speech and gestures to be more assertive.
Body language tips for both sexes: Don’t fold your arms and
don’t chew on gum, ice or your fingernails. Chewing indicates
anxiety or frustration, neither of which are very attractive emotions.
Body language experts agree that one of the most important things
you can do to make yourself more attractive (and approachable)
is to smile.
The Scent Factor
Studies show that men associate the scents of cinnamon and vanilla
with love and women are attracted to a black liquorice scent.
Simple Yet Effective Conversation Ideas
There are many types of conversations that two people can go with.
One of the first tricks to keeping a conversation going is to keep
your intellectual mind-set focused on the current conversation.
The positive mental approach will allow you to express your inner
joyful and creative self while you are on this date, while suppressing
the negative and thoughtless actions that have happened through out
the day or the week before your date.
Topics to start conversation
Some of the easiest topics to be covered for the date and in the
‘online' date are the following:
- How the weather has been,
- Describe your dream vacation.
- Share areas of your life you want to improve.
- Describe what your perfect birthday celebration would be.
- Describe what you consider to be romantic.
- Share with him things that make you proud of yourself.
- If you are the same age, you can talk about who is your favourite
- Your favourite song writer, writer, movie star,
- Your favourite movie – why, when you saw that movie,
- Why you bought that book – ask what is the other person's favourite
and why – keep the conversation going back and forth.
- Keep your mind fresh and the conversation topics will come